Stress & anxiety reduction
Sound Alleviates Detox Symptoms
The condition of substance abuse disorder has a frequency that is low, abnormal and represents a state of illness. When going through the detox process, the client can feel varying levels of discomfort as the body fights to normalize. TDC uses sound vibration to help alleviate some of the discomfort that a client might experience while going through this process.
There are numerous benefits of sound therapy—the most common being that of stress reduction. Stress is a main contributor to the uncomfortable process of detox and the use of sound works wonders to help clients release this stress.
What is Sound Therapy
Sound Therapy is an ancient practice of the use of vibrational frequencies to affect the human body and cause it to heal. It can be best understood via the scientific theory of Cymatics, from the Greek word meaning “kyma” or “a great wave”.
Cymatics refers to sound frequencies or waves that emanate from a source, travel distances and penetrate an object causing that subject object to be altered on multiple levels (physical, cellular, molecular, emotional, mental, etc.). A healthy body’s sound frequency is normally stable. But in the case of an illness like addiction, a person’s frequency is destabilized. Sound Therapy can penetrate the human body and help to re-organize the body’s signature frequency to one of equilibrium.
Science tells us that everything in this world is in a constant state of motion and has a vibration. Humans are not excluded from this law, and as a result, each one of us is vibrating at a certain frequency. The frequency at which we each vibrate is determined by various outside factors and ultimately our thoughts and belief systems. When any of these inputs are changed, our frequency of vibration is ultimately affected and can change.
Benefits of Sound Therapy
Sound therapy has been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce pain, anxiety, regulate the limbic system, increase circulation, shorten healing periods, improve sleep quality and overall sense of calm. This therapy is an excellent complement to the medical detox process.
- Lower Blood Pressure – helps to reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack.
- Reduced Pain – As the muscles are relaxed, tension and spasms are alleviated.
- Reduced Anxiety – A state of relaxation is initiated that also increases sleep quality and shortens the time periods needed for healing.
- Improved Heart rate – As the heart rate slows, variability (HRV) is improved which leads to less stress.
- Regulated Limbic System – Leads to an increased sense of calm, and the body is reconditioned to self-regulate and be less reactive to stressful triggers.
- Increased Circulation – Results in better nourishment to the cells and body organs.